is a club working for the Norwegian Forest Cat.
The club was established in 1983 and has members in all of Sweden and abroad.
Skogkattslingan is open to anyone who wants to be a member, whether you have or not have a Norwegian Forest Cat. The common interest of the club's member is of course NFO. Most of the members are owned by Norwegian Forest Cats, but we also have members who do not have a NFO (yet). Some members have one or two "wedgies" as pets, some exhibit their cats in shows and some are breeders of Norwegian Forest Cat.
As a member you will receive
- the clubmagazine "Skogisen" 4 times a year
- invitations to join, -by the Norwegian Forest Cat Club, -arranged shows and seminars
- possibility to advertise your cattery at this homepage
- possibility to advertise your NFO-kittens at this homepage
- give information about your studcat at this homepage
- show your title cats and BIS cats at this homepage
- at the end of the year, participate in the contest Norwegian Forest Cat of the Year
- last, but not least, get in contact with other persons that are interested in the Norwegian Forest Cat.
Want to become a member? Go the the page about membership.
The aims of the club
- To stimulate the preservance of the Forest Cat.
- To work for high quality breeding, concerning type, health and temper, in Sweden.
- To be assistance to Forest Cat owners in general.
- To spreed knowledge about the breed among the general public.
- To raise the status of Forest Cats in the Semilonghair-group.
- To establish contact with similar clubs in other countrys.
Do you want more information?
Please feel free to contact the secretary of the club:
Mrs Wiveca Fransson
Phone: +46 8 591 492 74